Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal Judge strikes down much of NY State gun law
This is good news. There are going to be ways in blue states to poke around and find gaps for them to add more layers of gun control. We must take the legal fight to them.

Quote:ALBANY, N.Y. — New York's latest attempt to restrict who can carry a handgun in public and where firearms can be brought was picked apart Thursday by a federal judge, who ruled that multiple provisions in a state law passed this year are unconstitutional.

In a ruling that doesn't take effect immediately, U.S. District Judge Glenn Suddaby struck down key elements of the state's hurried attempt to rewrite its handgun laws after the old ones were struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court in June.

The state can't ban people from carrying guns in New York City's subway system or Times Square, the judge ruled, though he said it did have a right to exclude guns from certain other locations, including schools.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Website Find Like  0
Four Boxes Diner does a great job keeping up on the legal updates without the cringey/inflammatory/hyperbole that some other legal guntubers use in their 'video updates.'

Find Like  0
Thanks. Once again, another one to follow.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Website Find Like  0