Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what we're up against
I always wonder how these polls are done. In my discussions with others here in the state, I've found maybe 2 people who'd agree with the results of this poll. Still, this is why this site exists.

Quote:The Republican-led Utah Legislature has rejected proposals — introduced by a GOP lawmaker — for a red flag law three times in recent years.

But a new Deseret News/Hinckley Institute of Politics poll shows Utahns overwhelmingly support red flag laws.

The survey also found strong support across the board for other measures aimed at curbing gun violence, including raising the legal age to buy firearms to 21, requiring background checks on all gun sales, and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/7/6/23...s-shooting
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Website Find Like  1
Somewhat ironic that the article is from July 2, 2022 just a week after the NYSRPA v Bruen decision. I have to question the polling procedure and demographics. If this poll was strictly done in say Cache County (excluding USU students) the pollsters would probably be run out of the county. Even if it was done in SLC or the Lehi area (all the CA high tech libs seem to like Lehi, Saratoga Springs, and Eagle Mountain) I have a hard time believing it would break 50% for gun control.
Find Like  2
(09-27-2022, 07:43 AM)mshill Wrote: Somewhat ironic that the article is from July 2, 2022 just a week after the NYSRPA v Bruen decision. I have to question the polling procedure and demographics. If this poll was strictly done in say Cache County (excluding USU students) the pollsters would probably be run out of the county. Even if it was done in SLC or the Lehi area (all the CA high tech libs seem to like Lehi, Saratoga Springs, and Eagle Mountain) I have a hard time believing it would break 50% for gun control.
Agree 100%.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Website Find Like  0