Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sig p320 lawsuit
I've read some stories and seen some YouTube videos about uncommanded discharges. This lawsuit could force Sig to change their design.

Quote:CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Police and federal law enforcement officers are among 20 people from multiple states saying they were wounded by a popular type of Sig Sauer pistol, the latest lawsuit alleging that the gun is susceptible to going off without the trigger being pulled.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in U.S. federal court in Concord, New Hampshire, says there have been over 100 incidents of the P320 pistol unintentionally discharging when the user believed they did not pull the trigger.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/business-news...by-itself/
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Website Find Like  0
From the stories I've read there was a majority of these NDs that were the result of improper handling, ie the woman cop carrying it in her purse sans holster. Generally when law enforcement makes a claim like this I take it with a grain of salt. I've seen too many stupid handling mistakes by supposedly trained professionals that are more interested in covering their ass and looking good for their Department than telling the truth (how many times have we seen that before). I am very skeptical that these guns went off just from them sitting on the desk with no one touching them.

That being said it is well documented by many guntubers that's by dropping the gun at a 45° angle right on the back edge of the slide, will cause it to discharge.

I've never liked the concept of a fully cocked striker filed pistol without a manual safety. To me it's like carrying a 1911 that's cocked and not locked.

Even Glock has figured this out and has engineered their trigger to the point that you can barely even tell your compressing the striker spring. The Walther PDP and P320 however, I never would use them outside of a range toy. Go ahead and flame.
Find Like  0